Friday, March 9, 2012

Praying in Color

Before school began I was blessed to attend a workshop in which I was introduced to praying in color.



I thought that this would be a neat tool to help my kinders learn to pray - no words needed and lots of colors and doodling involved - perfect! 

I introduced praying in color a couple weeks ago. I started by praying in color and speaking my prayer out loud as I colored. I praised God, I prayed for ill friends, I prayed for each child in our class. 

My kinders have never been so still and quiet as when I was doing this. (And this in in the middle of the afternoon!) I was astounded. 

Then I turned on quiet piano music, gave them each a blank sheet of paper, and they got started. 
They were quiet and on task the whole time. 

Here are some of their prayers. 


















I am just blown away by their prayers. What a blessing this has been in our classroom already. 

1 comment:

Heather's Heart said...

What a sweet blessing to see the prayers they drew.

I am happy to be your newest follower. I teach in a public school but know God is using me in the lives of my kiddos. I share lots of poems on my blog to encourage others about seeing our kiddos with a heart of love and patience.

I would be blessed if you came to visit me. =)

Heather
Heather's Heart